Welcome to Dollz in Dubai!
Hello! Dollz in Dubai is written and edited by Dollz; known in the real world as Ekta. Any content posted here is written by me and any body parts visible are also me unless mentioned otherwise.
In case you are interested, here are a few facts about me!
- I’m 23 years old.
- I’m tall; 5′ 10.5″ to be exact.
- I’m 100% Indian, specifically Sindhi.
- I’ve never lived in India and my last holiday there was 6 years ago.
- Apparently I don’t look Indian. I blame the extremely pale skin with naturally golden-brown hair.
- I was born in Khartoum, Sudan and spent the first part of my childhood in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Blogging is my hobby but I pay my bills as a Process Engineer in the Oil & Gas industry.
- I’m fluent (but slightly rusty) in French.
- I learned Hindi from watching Bollywood movies, hence can’t read/write it.
- I generally speak English with a strong American accent, but can switch to an Indian accent on will.
- Dubai is the only city I consider home and have lived here for the past 17 years.
- I went to college in Pasadena at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) where I studied Chemical Engineering.
- I love traveling but my favorite city has to be New York City.
- I am a Bollywood fanatic and my ultimate dream is to meet Shahid Kapoor.
- I used to be a Bollywood DJ in university and my unfulfilled desire would be to become a professional DJ.
- I am a dog lover and I still tear up whenever I think of my 1st dog Lara.
- I’m a tomboy at heart and my for me style means comfort.
- That being said, I love getting “Dolled” up and evening gowns are my favorite indulgences.
- My biggest indulgence has been my car: a red BMW Z4 I call Laila.
- I’m a techie at heart and a die-hard Apple fangirl.
Hopefully this puts the blog in context but if you have any further questions, ask away!